CBS Dating Show Casting Video Information
If you would like to submit a video of yourself at any stage in the process you are encouraged, but not required. See below to get some tips from us on what we’re hoping for when we watch your tape. Also find out how to deliver your footage to us.
What Makes a Great Video?
Below are some tips to think about when making your video. Videos should be no longer than 5 minutes in length.
This show is about helping you meet someone who is right for you, but first we need to learn who you are and what makes you tick! This video is your opportunity to showcase, in your own words and actions, who you are as a person. Please send footage of you being you.
There are no rules with this. Tell us stories from your life, show yourself in action, make us laugh, let us in, let us get a to know a bit of the you that, say, your best friend knows and loves.
- DO make sure there is a sense of fun here; think of this the way you might a first date with someone you have a crush on; you want that second date, but you totally have to be yourself. Get the important stuff across but help us fall in like/love with you. Be open. Make an impression. Have some fun.
- DO make sure we see you in action; talking to us is important, but so is seeing you DO something. It’s “show AND tell.” Not just “tell.”
- DO consider including friends and/or family, especially those who light you up and help bring out your personality. (Not required.)
- DO talk about: your recent and current dating life; what has held you back from finding true love, are there any patterns there; why are you open to taking this journey with us?
- DON’T be afraid to make us laugh or cry. We don’t want you to try to be anything – but everything you are and want to share is fabulous!
- DO make sure we see you throughout the tape. We want to see you on screen, not holding the camera and providing voiceover.
- DO be aware of lighting and ambient noise. Make sure any light is coming from in front of you, not from behind you. And make sure we can hear what you are saying.
- DO shoot landscape (horizontal) and NOT portrait (vertical) style. Basically, shoot it like you would see it on a TV.
- DO NOT read off a script. We want to hear how you express yourself naturally, not how you read pre-written material.
- DO check the video for audio/visual issues before you go too far, or at least before you send it.
- DO stay away from fancy editing. We want to get to know you, not your editing skills.
How to Deliver to us
You have two choices of how to deliver your video to us.
CHOICE ONE: use a web-based service like yousendit.com or transferbigfiles.com. Be sure to include your full name and phone number in message to us. Email us at .
CHOICE TWO: by mail or overnight (DVD, .mov or mp4 formats ONLY; be sure to LABEL YOUR MATERIAL with your name and phone number) to:
Magical Elves, Inc.,
ATTN: Casting (3)
6255 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90028